Growing up I was always interested in different cultures and horror films but very few people locally shared my passion making it difficult to have those deep discussions about how Lucio Fulci and crew managed that zombie vs. shark scene in Zombie Flesh Eaters or whether George A. Romero should have stuck with the original scripted ending of Dawn of the Dead.
Thankfully (and it is not often you hear this) however I am a millennial and so came of age with the internet allowing me to discover a whole new range of films and styles.
It would not be until many years later however that I would try film blogging, with my first attempt focusing solely on zombie films and then my next effort a little broader. Through these endeavours I have met, sometimes in person and sometimes only virtually, some terrific people and discovered many, many new films.
With these interactions my output grew and below is a selection of work I have undertaken for third party sites, publications and releases.
- Wengs Chop Issue #11 (Print, 2018) – Article: The Commissario Betti Trilogy
- Diabolique (Digital) – Review: POE 4 The Black Cat
- Zombie Creeping Flesh Blu Ray by 88 Films (Print) – Blu-Ray release booklet
- Midlands Movies (Digital) – Hellriser premiere blog post
- Diabolique (Digital) – Article: Italian Zombie Cinema, part two
- Diabolique (Digital) – Review: Virus: Extreme Contamination
- Diabolique (Digital) – Review: My Little Sister
- Diabolique (Digital) – Article: Italian Zombie Cinema, part one:
- After Movie Diner (Digital) – Review: Slugs
- Diabolique (Digital) – Review: Catacomba
- Wengs Chop Issue #9 (Print, 2016) – Article: The Secrets of Venice
- Gore Splattered Corner (Digital) – Article: Introduction to Fulci: Zombie
- Gore Splattered Corner (Digital) – Review: Death Do Us Apart
I am available for freelance project work. Contact me via the form on this blog.